Vegan Coconut Pancakes
BY MGCNutraceuticals / 30.Apr.2019 / Recipes
- 500 ml organic rice milk
- 1 packet of Coconut Milk Protein Powder
- 13 g of vanilla sugar (or 13 g sugar and a few drops of vanilla extract)
- 250 g white rough flour (TYPE 400)
- 13g baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Mix the rice milk and protein powder in a blender or with a hand mixer. Add the vanilla sugar to the wet mix.
- Sift the flower into a separate bowl and add the baking powder. Mix gently.
- Slowly add the flour into the wet ingredients and mix well, until the batter is completely smooth and free of lumps. Add the tablespoon of oil to the batter and mix lightly.
- Leave to rest 5 minutes.
- Heat up your pan and add a teaspoon of oil. Mix well one more time before you get started.
- Cook the pancakes for about a minute per side – the sides will turn brown and the pancakes will separate from the pan. That’s when you know it’s time to flip them and cook for one more minute. Add oil to your pan after every two or three pancakes that you cook. Adjust your heat as needed: too much heat means your pancakes will be crunchy on the outside but raw on the inside. We suggest cooking your pancakes on medium-high heat.
- Stack your finished pancakes on a plate without covering them.
This recipe makes enough batter for about 12 proper American pancakes.